HARVEST FEST 2023
ST. PATRICK'S DAY | EASTER EGG HUNT | MAY FAIR JURIED ART SHOW | JULY JAMBOREE ART FAIR | JULY 4TH PARADE | ART & WINE IN THE COOL PINES | LABOR DAY HOOPLA | LUMBERJACK DAY & FALL ART SHOW | CLOUDCROFT CHAMBER ANNUAL BANQUET | ASPENCADE TOURS | HARVEST FEST | SANTA LAND | CLOUDCROFT CHRISTMAS MARKET | CHRISTMAS TREE LIGHTING & PARADE | CLOUDCROFT LIGHT OPERA COMPANY | FREE FAMILY MOVIE NIGHT
A spooktacular day of family fun! We have The Great Pumpkin Roll Contests! Be sure to bring your own pumpkins...!
Activities Begin At 2pm!
A spooktacular day of family fun! We have The Great Pumpkin Roll Contests! Be sure to bring your own pumpkins! There will be a small amount of pumpkins for sale for those who forget.
Starting At 2pm: The Great Pumpkin roll will have 2 categories:
Modified and non-modified. **Please bring your own pumpkins**
Costume Contest (The costume contest for Harvest Fest will be at First Baptist Church Cloudcroft immediately following the pumpkin roll)
Pumpkin decorating contest in the Cloudcroft First Baptist Church. Bring your decorated or carved pumpkin!! Ages 5 & Under, 6-10, 11-15 & 16 and up. Games and hot dogs!
Trick or Treating on Burro Ave. will take place after the costume contest. We will begin in front of the library on Swallow Street.
Sponsor Info: First Baptist Church Of Cloudcroft & Cloudcroft Chamber Of Commerce
Great Pumpkin Race Info:
Bring your own pumpkin and come participate or watch the Great Pumpkin Race! Amateurs will compete for prizes by rolling pumpkins down a hill. It’s as hilarious as it sounds, and it’s fun to see what kind of wheels the pros put on their pumpkins.
The pumpkins and their owners line up at the top of the hill in front of the library. On the word "go," the pumpkins are released and allowed to roll downhill with the help of only gravity. The pumpkins bounce and some may curved to the right or the left, while on their journey to the finish line. The categories include amateur, semi-professional or professional.
The first category is non-modified where the young children compete by rolling the pumpkin . Bring your pumpkins to race! (Ages 4-6, 7-9, and 10) Semi-Pros and Pros (Age 13-Adult) bring modified pumpkins with a base, axle or wheels.
Pro Competitors win more than just a Trophy, they are crowned as the official KING or QUEEN of the Great Pumpkin Race! They will be given a winner's sash, photographed and get to lead the Costume Contest Parade along with other benefits!
- Craft your Pumpkin Race Car using one REAL pumpkin. Carve or decorate any way you wish! RULE
- Have fun making your Race Car! Pick a theme and be creative. Often, the crowd favorites are the most fun and creative ones. If you can't win, then lose with style! RULE
- Insert two independent axles through your pumpkin and attach wheels to the axles. Spice up your racer with style. RULE
- You may not attach your pumpkin onto a pre-fabricated chassis of any kind (skateboard, stroller, Tonka truck, etc.) A.K.A. The "Anti-Stealth" Rule. RULE
- NO EXPLOSIVES or PYROTECHNICS. Have fun with it but be safe! RULE
- No pushing or "helping" your Pumpkin Racer on the starting line. Our Race Officials have seen it all - the last minute shove, the hidden thumb flick, the early release... RULE
- NO CHEATING. Feel great about being honest and fair. Don't be tempted to be a Cheater Pumpkin. Use the honor system and obey the spirit of these rules.
Come join the great pumpkin roll!
Event Photos Coming Soon!
Page Under Construction...
Event Flyer Download